Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday on the Farm

Early this morning Ryenne got out of my bed (she sneaks in just about every night) and went wondering off. I was half awake so I figured she was just going back to her own bed. Then I hear footsteps... RUNNING footsteps and she says, "Mommy! Mommy! Elphenora MOVED! You won't believe it but she's on the light high up in the ceiling!" - the extreme amount of amazement in her eyes was visible even through my grogginess. This elf thing is pretty cool! 

Then we were off to Gams and Pops for our Sunday morning ritual - a country breakfast with visiting. We feasted on all the country standards - eggs, breakfast potatoes, sausage gravy, bacon, and whole wheat biscuits. It was amazing. There was a chill in the air but the sun was coming out so we headed outside to visit with the cows. This is always the kids' very favorite part. They can hardly get through breakfast before asking when they can go see the cows. 

Pops scooped up Cruz and we were on our way...



 Kai loves the metal buckets.
 As we were outside the wind kicked up and crazy clouds came in really quick. It definitely got cooler but it just passed on through.
 Ry was pretending she could fly through the wind.
 Meesie Belle was the nanny dog the whole time.

 I ask them to hug each other and they each give me disgusted faces. So much for a Christmas card pic!

 I adore this one of Kai and Meesie.
 Making "Soup"
 Here I go again thinking I can get them all to look at me for a Christmas card picture. When am I just going to learn that I cannot photograph all three of my kids looking at the camera? I keep thinking I can but it's pretty impossible. This was my favorite from the series though. They are each just in their own little world.
 Cruz's face seriously cracks me up. He was really happy to find this stick and the wind was blowing. Love that little man.

 Mmmmm sticks! Fiber!!
 Gams and Cruzito (love!)

After our time at Gams and Pops we headed home and played outside for a while. Then we Skyped with Grandma and Papa on Maui. We got to see DonDon (Ry's cousin) who is SO BIG I can't believe it... and Auntie Jean who was home from UH for the weekend. I think we need to Skype more. I hate going so long without seeing all there faces. Truly the saddest part about being in Austin is not having EVERYONE together.

What a wonderful day. Have a great week everyone!

No comments: