Friday, November 12, 2010

It was rainy...

This morning it was rainy so we couldn't go outside to play. 

I had bought curtains for Ryenne's room when I was pregnant with her. I had always envisioned a shabby chic girls' dream room. But it never happened. We moved so many times and she didn't even sleep in her own room so the curtains were tucked away for quite some time and made the move to Texas with us.

Today I took them out and along with a $4 curtain rod, put them up in the kitchen. They make me happy. And hopefully I won't notice the light that's off center above the sink quite as much.

I am also doing a blog with a dear friend I've known since middle school days on Maui. Lacey and I have a theme each week and post a picture with our interpretation of that theme. You can find the blog here. Anyway, our theme this week is "contrast" so I took this picture of my hand and Kai's hand. I love how his is so small. And an entirely different color. I'll have to take a similar picture when his Grandma Marissa gets here next May. They have the same exact hands.

The rain cleared a little bit and we went outside to check on our plants. I don't think Ry's sunflowers lived through the cold we had the other night. We'll see if they pull through. Then we baked a sweet potato pie, and decided to take some pictures of Cruz.

The sailor outfit is kinda a family heirloom. It was my Uncle Ron's when he was a baby. Nico wore it and so did Kekoa. Kai wore it and so it is finally Cruz's turn (until there's another boy in the family to pass it on to!).

I set up one strobe and I was going to do a second to help with shadows, but Kai was going bananas and not listening so this fun little shoot had me wishing I had waited and wasn't quite as fun as I had hoped. BUT... even though it was stressful it was still so cute to see Cruzito all cute.



 After a little in the sailor suit we decided just to go nakey all the way. He loved it.




 I guess I was a little crazy to attempt one of all three of them. Kai was acting like he had just downed a Red Bull (he hadn't, of course), Ryenne was giving me funny faces, and I should have diapered Cruz cause he wouldn't let go of his Bobo.

No comments: